Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Jedi Costume

Halloween is right around the corner and I still wanted to make Jensen's costume. I originally wanted him to be Gizmo from the movie Gremlins, but I wasn't able to get the pattern for the costume in time and the stitching looks like it would take longer than I had to finish in time.

I scoured the internet for some simple instructions on how to make a cute but easy costume for a little boy. I found this step-by-step instructions here http://www.degraeve.com/jedirobe/ on how to make a Jedi outfit. It was so simple to follow. It was originally made for an adult, but it was easy enough to make it for Jensen.

Since I wasn't really sure where to go and buy fabric in Daegu, I opted to use some brown bed sheets I already had.



I took one of Jensen's hoodie sweater and used it as a template for the main part of the robe. This was easier to do instead of actually measuring his arm span. What 19 month old child do you know who would have stood still enough for me to take measurements?


Folded it length-wise and cut the arms and body according to the instructions. 


This is what it should look like once you have finished cutting the robe.


After sewing the sides together, I measured the hod and made sure to cut the collar to attach it to the main part of the robe.


Then I took a pillow case and used it for the V collar portion of the costume. 



Here is the finished product. Unfortunately, Jensen was not in the mood to model his new Jedi outfit. Hopefully, he will be more cooperative when we go trick or treating next week.






No comments:

Post a Comment