Tuesday, August 12, 2014

My New Car - Kia Morning

We finally sold the Rav4 (thanks to my awesome friend Maryann) and a few days later, I finally found the car that was perfect for me.  I love my new car! It's a red Kia Morning and exclusive here in Korea. The European version is called a Picanto, but it is not available in the US.









The first three photos were taken in the dealership and the last one is in my parking garage.  Notice that the rest of the cars are comprised of black, silver, and white cars.  So glad that my car is red.  I can easily locate it with no problems.  I thought it was just a coincidence that the cars on that garage floor was the same colors, but Koreans prefer that color scheme.  Rarely will you see a bright colored car on the road.  I wonder if it's because as an Asian county, they are used to a homogeneous type of culture.  I tend to gravitate towards diversity. 

It's a fun little car.  It reminds me of my red Geo Metro that I drove in high school, but a bit sportier and a step up in quality. I hope I'll be able to bring it back home with me.  I will have to do some modifications to have it legal on US roads, but that shouldn't be a problem.

6 comments:

  1. Nice car..stateside specs?. Do you sell it when you leave or bring it home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure yet. I'd like to bring it home, but I will have to get the speedometer changed to mph. I hope that's all I would need to change. It would be the only one driving it, if I end up shipping it home. If it costs too much, I will just sell it before we leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice to bring it here with you when you come back. It is cute. Have fun with it.

      Delete
  3. Nice ride! I'm sure she’s a looker on the road. Were you able to bring her home with you? Well, at least you could sell and buy another one like it once you’re back in the country. I hope you arrived at the best decision. Good day!

    Micheal Miller @ Butler Kia of Fishers

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a lovely red car! It must be like an apple of the eye in your parking lot because of the lively color that it comes with. By the way, it's more than a year since you bought that car, right? So how's it now? I hope you were able to take it home and that its aesthetic, function, and performance are still very well. :)

    Edward Taylor @ Niguel Auto

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to share a secret my friend showed me about buying a car. never go to the dealership early in the day. This gives them hours to wear you down and get you to agree to their terms. Show up shortly before closing and you make the best deal and it will all come together before the door is closed for sure.

    Jeromy @ Fiesta Kia

    ReplyDelete